Saturday 1 May 2021

2 May: Quotes about idleness

2 May is International day of Idleness. 10 quotes about being idle:

  1. Yet it is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top. Virginia Woolf
  2. Idleness allows you to turn a situation from boredom to pleasure. Tom Hodgkinson
  3. Idleness is only a coarse name for my infinite capacity for living in the present. Cyril Connolly
  4. Work is not always required. There is such a thing as sacred idleness. George McDonald
  5. Idleness is sweet, and its consequences are cruel. John Quincy Adams
  6. Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. Floyd Dell
  7. It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do. Jerome K Jerome
  8. The idle man does not know what it is to enjoy rest. Albert Einstein
  9. No: I am not tired. I have a curious constitution. I never remember feeling tired by work, though idleness exhausts me completely. Sherlock Holmes
  10. I don't think necessity is the mother of invention. Invention, in my opinion, arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness – to save oneself trouble. Agatha Christie

My Books:






If you like stories about:

  • Superheroes
  • Psychic detectives
  • Romance
  • Alternative dimensions
  • Time travel 
  • Secrets
  • Friendship
  • Family relationships
  • Ghosts
  • Adventure
  • Crime

If you want to read about superheroes who aren't the usual Marvel/DC staples, who don't all live in the USA.

If you like quirky tales.

If you like to support independent self published authors.

Check out my books page.


No comments:

Post a Comment