Tuesday 5 June 2018

5 June: Margaret Drabble Quotes

This date in 1939 saw the birth of the writer Margaret Drabble. Here are some Margaret Drabble Quotes.


  1. When nothing is sure, everything is possible.
  2. Nothing succeeds, they say, like success. And certainly nothing fails like failure.
  3. Family life itself, that safest, most traditional, most approved of female choices, is not a sanctuary: It is, perpetually, a dangerous place.
  4. Perhaps the rare and simple pleasure of being seen for what one is compensates for the misery of being it.
  5. The human mind can bear plenty of reality but not too much intermittent gloom.
  6. How unjust life is, to make physical charm so immediately apparent or absent, when one can get away with vices untold for ever.
  7. If I knew what the meanings of my books were, I wouldn't have bothered to write them.
  8. Our desire to conform is greater than our respect for objective facts.
  9. A man's greatest fear from a woman is that she will laugh at him; a woman's fear is that a man will kill her.
  10. You have to be careful what you imagine, because the act of imagining is the act of encouraging yourself to be a certain kind of person.


More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment