Friday 29 June 2018

2 July: July

Here are some quotations about the month of July:


  1. Hot July brings cooling showers Apricots and gillyflowers. Sara Coleridge
  2. Lovely July... with the evocative murmur of honey bees on the wing and the smell of sun tan cream. Cynthia Wickham
  3. The Summer looks out from her brazen tower, Through the flashing bars of July. Francis Thompson
  4. But here I am in July, and why am I thinking about Christmas pudding? Probably because we always pine for what we do not have. The winter seems cozy and romantic in the hell of summer, but hot beaches and sunlight are what we yearn for all winter. Joanna Franklin Bell
  5. Loud is the summer's busy song The smallest breeze can find a tongue, While insects of each tiny size Grow teasing with their melodies, Till noon burns with its blistering breath Around, and day lies still as death. John Clare
  6. We go in withering July To ply the hard incessant hoe; Panting beneath the brazen sky We sweat and grumble, but we go. Ruth Pitter
  7. I know that soon I must die, Yet all the trees are radiant After the longed-for kiss of July. Hebrew Ballads
  8. July breathes hot, sallows the crispy fields. James Russell Lowell
  9. July’s cobweb heat and fragrance hit our faces. J.P. Ward
  10. Her lips were red and one was thin Compared that was next her chin; I durst no more upon them gaze Than on the sun in July. Sir John Suckling





More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment