Wednesday 20 June 2018

20 June: Quotes about June

Here is what poets and writers think of the month of June.

  1. I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June. L.M. Montgomery
  2. If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance. Bern Williams
  3. It is the month of June, The month of leaves and roses, When pleasant sights salute the eyes And pleasant scents the noses. Nathaniel Parker Willis
  4. No price is set on the lavish summer; June may be had by the poorest comer. James Russell Lowell
  5. What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfilment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade. Gertrude Jekyll
  6. Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June. Al Bernstein
  7. Oh, my luve's like a red, red rose, That's newly sprung in June; Oh, my luve's like the melodie That's sweetly played in tune. Robert Burns
  8. June brings tulips, lilies, roses, Fills the children's hands with posies. Sara Coleridge
  9. It always seemed to me that the herbaceous peony is the very epitome of June. Larger than any rose, it has something of the cabbage rose's voluminous quality; and when it finally drops from the vase, it sheds its petticoats with a bump on the table, all in an intact heap, much as a rose will suddenly fall, making us look up from our book or conversation, to notice for one moment the death of what had still appeared to be a living beauty. Vita Sackville-West
  10. Mine is the Month of Roses; yes, and mine The Month of Marriages! All pleasant sights And scents, the fragrance of the blossoming vine,The foliage of the valleys and the heights. Mine are the longest days, the loveliest nights; The mower's scythe makes music to my ear; I am the mother of all dear delights; I am the fairest daughter of the year. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment