Friday 15 September 2023

16 September: Lauren Bacall Quotes

Today is Lauren Bacall's birthday, so here are 10 quotes:

  1. I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that.

  2. I am not a has-been. I am a will be.

  3. I figure if I have my health, can pay the rent and I have my friends, I call it ’content.’

  4. Imagination is the highest kite one can fly.

  5. In Hollywood, an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty percent of the publicity.

  6. You don't always win your battles, but it's good to know you fought.

  7. Growing up takes longer than you think.

  8. Standing still is the fastest way of moving backwards in a rapidly changing world.

  9. One thing I am convinced of is that the more you do, the more you can do.

  10. Life is not what you expected it to be.


Character birthday

Halcyon, aka Holly Dolphin. She is the youngest child and only daughter of Aqua and Speedy. Unlike her brother, she did not inherit her father's ability to breathe water, but she learned to swim at an early age and is extremely good at it.

She was born in Ultra-Grav's Darrowburn mansion and lives with her family in what was once the servants' hall and accommodation, which Ultra-Grav had converted into apartments for Speedy and Aqua when they started their family. She was home educated along with her brother and a new generation of variants whose powers made it hard for them to live in the wider community.

While she is associated with the G-Men, she and her brother also work together as a crime-fighting duo independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment