Saturday 9 October 2021

10 October: Harold Pinter Quotes

Harold Pinter, playwright, was born on this date in 1930. 10 quotes from him:

  1. The past is what you remember, imagine you remember, convince yourself you remember, or pretend you remember.
  2. I tend to think that cricket is the greatest thing that God ever created on earth – certainly greater than sex, although sex isn't too bad either.
  3. There are some things one remembers even though they may never have happened.
  4. When the storm is over and night falls and the moon is out in all its glory and all you're left with is the rhythm of the sea, of the waves, you know what God intended for the human race, you know what paradise is.
  5. Apart from the known and the unknown, what else is there?
  6. I never think of myself as wise. I think of myself as possessing a critical intelligence which I intend to allow to operate.
  7. Sometimes you feel you have the truth of a moment in your hand, then it slips through your fingers and is lost.
  8. I don't write with any audience in mind. I just write. I take a chance on the audience.
  9. There are some good rules and there are some lousy rules.
  10. It was difficult being a conscientious objector in the 1940's, but I felt I had to stick to my guns.


My Books:





If you like stories about:

  • Superheroes
  • Psychic detectives
  • Romance
  • Alternative dimensions
  • Time travel 
  • Secrets
  • Friendship
  • Family relationships
  • Ghosts
  • Adventure
  • Crime

If you want to read about superheroes who aren't the usual Marvel/DC staples, who don't all live in the USA.

If you like quirky tales.

If you like to support independent self published authors.


Check out my books page

No comments:

Post a Comment