Monday 1 September 2014

1st September: Quotes by Lily Tomlin

Lily Tomlin was born on this date in 1939. Here are 10 of her witty quotes:

  1. I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realise I should have been more specific.
  2. If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
  3. The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
  4. The road to success is always under construction.
  5. I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realised I was somebody.
  6. Remember we're all in this alone.
  7. Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.
  8. Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.
  9. Why is it that when we talk to God we're said to be praying but when God talks to us we're schizophrenic?
  10. I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment