Wednesday 1 November 2023

2 November: Day of the Dead: Funny Epitaphs

On the Day of the Dead, here are some Epitaphs looking on the bright side of death:

  1. My time was come! My days were spent! I was called and away I went!

  2. Let her R.I.P.

  3. Here I lie and no wonder I’m dead; For the wheel of a wagon ran over my head.

  4. William Makepeace. Gone to join his appendix, tonsils, adenoids, kidney and gall bladder.

  5. Blown upward out of sight; He sought the leak by candlelight.

  6. I told you I was ill.

  7. He’s not in this hole, But only his pod; He shelled out his soul And went up to God.

  8. Sacred to the memory of Major James Brush who was killed by the accidental discharge of a pistol by his orderly, 14th April 1831. Well done, thou good and faithful servant.

  9. Here lies the body of John Mound Who was lost at sea and never found.

  10. Here lies the mule Maggie. In her life she kicked 2 generals, 8 colonels, 7 captains, 16 lieutenants, 541 enlisted men and 1 German mine.

Character birthdays

Crux Australis A member of the Constellations. The Constellations as a group have historically experimented with time travel and inter-dimensional wormholes. Crux Australis is one of a number of humans from Earth who were displaced by such experiments from their time into the present. He is a monk, born in Cornwall, England in 1392.


Electrolyte, aka Gina Jackson. She inherited a talent for electronic


gadgetry from her father, Gadgeteer, and with his guidance, built herself a suit of power armour which gives her the ability to fly, create force fields and superhuman strength. She is a member of the Ultra League.

No comments:

Post a Comment