Sunday 23 August 2020

24 August: Stephen Fry Quotes

Today, 10 quotes from Stephen Fry, who was born on this date in 1957.

  1. Love in all eight tones and all five semitones of the word's full octave.
  2. Taste every fruit of every tree in the garden at least once. It is an insult to creation not to experience it fully. Temperance is wickedness.
  3. People who can change and change again are so much more reliable and happier than those who can’t.
  4. I'm afraid I don't believe there is such a thing as blasphemy, just outrage from those insecure in their own faith.
  5. You are who you are when nobody's watching.
  6. When we understand every single secret of the universe, there will still be left the eternal mystery of the human heart.
  7. We are not nouns, we are verbs. I am not a thing – an actor, a writer – I am a person who does things – I write, I act – and I never know what I'm going to do next.
  8. Those who rule the world get so little opportunity to run about and laugh and play in it.
  9. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will always hurt me. Bones mend and become actually stronger in the very place they were broken and where they have knitted up; mental wounds can grind and ooze for decades and be re-opened by the quietest whisper.
  10. Books are no more threatened by Kindle than stairs by elevators.

Killing Me Softly

Sebastian Garrett is an assassin. It wasn’t his first choice of vocation, but nonetheless, he’s good at it, and can be relied upon to get the job done. He’s on top of his game.

Until he is contracted to kill Princess Helena of Galorvia. She is not just any princess. Sebastian doesn’t bargain on his intended victim being a super-heroine who gives as good as she gets. Only his own genetic variant power saves him from becoming the victim, instead of Helena. 

Fate has another surprise in store. Sebastian was not expecting to fall in love with her.

Available on Amazon:

Paperback


No comments:

Post a Comment