Thursday 10 May 2018

May 10: Barbara Taylor Bradford Quotes

Barbara Taylor Bradford, Author of A Woman of Substance, was born on this date in 1933. Here are some things she said.

  1. When you are a strong woman, you will attract trouble. When a man feels threatened, there is always trouble.
  2. Even the most powerful woman needs a place to unwind.
  3. We are each the authors of our own lives. We live in what we have created. There is no way to shift the blame and no one else to accept the accolades.
  4. A person with taste is merely one who can recognize the greatest beauty in the simplest things.
  5. The past was always there, lived inside of you, and it helped to make you who you were. But it had to be placed in perspective. The past could not dominate the future.
  6. Never let stress shape your strategy. Most women think better after a brisk walk, a light meal, a massage and a nap.
  7. Always present yourself as a woman who expects to succeed.
  8. Edwina always enjoyed a morning ride. Some mornings she rode the horse, and some mornings she rode the groom.
  9. I work eight hours a day, but I'm not writing all that time. I'm thinking, editing, looking something up. Thinking is what I do a lot of.
  10. This parting cannot be for long; for those who love as we do cannot be parted. We shall always be united in thought, and thought is a great magnet.


More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment