Thursday 3 May 2018

3 May: Dodie Smith

Dodie Smith, author of 101 Dalmatians and I Capture the Castle was born on this date in 1896. Here are some of the things she said.

  1. Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression.
  2. Contemplation seems to be about the only luxury that costs nothing.
  3. I have found that sitting in a place where you have never sat before can be inspiring.
  4. Time takes the ugliness and horror out of death and turns it into beauty.
  5. I have noticed that when things happen in one's imaginings, they never happen in one's life.
  6. Like many other much-loved humans, they believed that they owned their dogs, instead of realising that their dogs owned them.
  7. Perhaps if I make myself write I shall find out what is wrong with me.
  8. It is rather exciting to write by moonlight.
  9. I'm convinced England's overflowing with eccentric people, places, happenings. Indeed, you might say eccentricity's normal in England.
  10. I have noticed that rooms which are extra clean feel extra cold.


More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment