Sunday 20 May 2018

23 May: Thomas Hood quotes

Thomas Hood, English humorist and poet, was born on 23 May 1799. Here are some of his quotes:


  1. A moment's thinking is an hour in words.
  2. There is even a happiness - that makes the heart afraid.
  3. Frost is the greatest artist in our clime - he paints in nature and describes in rime.
  4. When was ever honey made with one bee in a hive?
  5. I resolved that, like the sun, as long as my day lasted, I would look on the bright side of everything.
  6. To attempt to advise conceited people is like whistling against the wind.
  7. There's a double beauty whenever a swan Swims on a lake with her double thereon.
  8. There is not a string attuned to mirth but has its chord of melancholy.
  9. Lives of great men oft remind us as we o'er their pages turn, That we too may leave behind us - Letters that we ought to burn.
  10. He lies like a hedgehog rolled up the wrong way, Tormenting himself with his prickles.


More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment