Sunday 30 July 2017

30th July: Emily Bronte Quotes

Today, some quotes from Emily Bronte, who was born on 30 July 1818.

  1. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
  2. A person who has not done one half his day's work by ten o'clock, runs a chance of leaving the other half undone.
  3. A good heart will help you to a bonny face, my lad and a bad one will turn the bonniest into something worse than ugly.
  4. If you ever looked at me once with what I know is in you, I would be your slave.
  5. Honest people don't hide their deeds.
  6. Treachery and violence are spears pointed at both ends; they wound those who resort to them worse than their enemies.
  7. Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
  8. If I had caused the cloud, it was my duty to make an effort to dispel it.
  9. I am now quite cured of seeking pleasure in society, be it country or town. A sensible man ought to find sufficient company in himself.
  10. The tyrant grinds down his slaves and they don't turn against him, they crush those beneath them.



Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications




No comments:

Post a Comment