Saturday 27 January 2024

28 January: Poverty Awareness Month

January is Poverty Awareness Month, so here are ten quotes about being poor:

  1. Lack of money is the root of all evil. George Bernard Shaw

  2. Poverty of course is no disgrace, but it is damned annoying. William Pitt the Younger

  3. I've always been after the trappings of great luxury. But all I've got hold of are the trappings of great poverty. Peter Cook

  4. You lose your manners when you’re poor. Lillian Hellman

  5. Anyone who has ever struggled with poverty knows how extremely expensive it is to be poor. James Arthur Baldwin

  6. Having been poor is no shame, but being ashamed of it, is. Benjamin Franklin

  7. I have enough money to last me the rest of my life – unless I buy something. Jackie Mason

  8. I’m so poor I can’t even pay attention. Anon

  9. I have no copper in my purse, I have no silver either, And all my gold is on the furze That shakes in windy weather. Christina Rossetti

  10. Lots of people worry about nothing – when it’s in the bank. Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment