Tuesday 31 August 2021

1 September: Edgar Rice Burroughs quotes:

On the anniversary of his birth, ten Edgar Rice-Burroughs quotes:

  1. If I had followed my better judgment always, my life would have been a very dull one.
  2. If you write one story, it may be bad; if you write a hundred, you have the odds in your favour.
  3. You are here for but an instant, and you mustn't take yourself too seriously.
  4. It is a characteristic of the weak and criminal to attribute to others the misfortunes that are the result of their own wickedness.
  5. Imagination is but another name for super intelligence.
  6. I have discovered that the world over, unusual weather prevails at all times of the year.
  7. For myself, I always assume that a lion is ferocious, and so I am never caught off my guard.
  8. I have ever been prone to seek adventure and to investigate and experiment where wiser men would have left well enough alone.
  9. This was a new menace that threatened them, something that they couldn’t explain; and so, naturally, it aroused within them superstitious fear.
  10. The more one listens to ordinary conversations the more apparent it becomes that the reasoning faculties of the brain take little part in the direction of the vocal organs.


My Books:





If you like stories about:

  • Superheroes
  • Psychic detectives
  • Romance
  • Alternative dimensions
  • Time travel 
  • Secrets
  • Friendship
  • Family relationships
  • Ghosts
  • Adventure
  • Crime

If you want to read about superheroes who aren't the usual Marvel/DC staples, who don't all live in the USA.

If you like quirky tales.

If you like to support independent self published authors.


Check out my books page.


No comments:

Post a Comment