Saturday 3 July 2021

6 July: Frida Kahlo Quotes

The artist Frida Kahlo was born on this date in 1907. 10 quotes from her:

  1. Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?
  2. I never paint dreams or nightmares. I paint my own reality.
  3. I drank to drown my sorrows, but the damned things learned how to swim.
  4. At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.
  5. My painting carries with it the message of pain.
  6. I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.
  7. Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.
  8. You deserve a lover who makes you feel safe, who can consume this world whole if he walks hand in hand with you; someone who believes that his embraces are a perfect match with your skin.
  9. To paint is the most terrific thing that there is, but to do it well is very difficult.
  10. You deserve a lover who takes away the lies and brings you hope, coffee, and poetry.


See also: Facts about Frida Kahlo



My Books:






If you like stories about:

  • Superheroes
  • Psychic detectives
  • Romance
  • Alternative dimensions
  • Time travel 
  • Secrets
  • Friendship
  • Family relationships
  • Ghosts
  • Adventure
  • Crime

If you want to read about superheroes who aren't the usual Marvel/DC staples, who don't all live in the USA.

If you like quirky tales.

If you like to support independent self published authors.

Check out my books page.


No comments:

Post a Comment