Sunday 16 April 2017

21st April: Charlotte Bronte Quotes

Charlotte Bronte was born on this date in 1816. Here are some quotes by her:

  1. Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity, or registering wrongs.
  2. Cheerfulness, it would appear, is a matter which depends fully as much on the state of things within, as on the state of things without and around us.
  3. Better to be without logic than without feeling.
  4. I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.
  5. There is only one difference between a madman and me. I am not mad.
  6. I would always rather be happy than dignified.
  7. Flirting is a woman’s trade, one must keep in practice.
  8. I ask you to pass through life at my side—to be my second self, and best earthly companion.
  9. It is in vain to say human beings ought to be satisfied with tranquillity: they must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
  10. To prolong doubt was to prolong hope.



Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications


No comments:

Post a Comment