Sunday 17 January 2016

17th January: Benjamin Franklin

Ten quotes from Benjamin Franklin who was born on this date in 1706.

  1. Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
  2. Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
  3. The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.
  4. Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
  5. Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
  6. To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.
  7. Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one.
  8. All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move.
  9. Life's Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late.
  10. Blessed is he that expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment