Tuesday 19 January 2016

19 January: Edgar Allan Poe

On this date in 1809, Edgar Allan Poe was born. Here are ten quotes by Edgar Allan Poe:

  1. All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
  2. They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
  3. I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it.
  4. Years of love have been forgot In the hatred of a minute.
  5. I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
  6. I am above the weakness of seeking to establish a sequence of cause and effect, between the disaster and the atrocity.
  7. I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
  8. That man is not truly brave who is afraid either to seem or to be, when it suits him, a coward.
  9. If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered.
  10. The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment