Saturday 5 December 2015

December 5th: Christina Rossetti

Christina Rossetti was born on this date in 1830. Here are 10 quotes from her:


  1. Better by far you should forget and smile than you should remember and be sad.
  2. Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes, work never begun.
  3. One day in the country is worth a month in town.
  4. The birthday of my life is come, my love is come to me.
  5. Life, and the world, and mine own self, are changed For a dream's sake.
  6. Who has seen the wind? Neither you nor I: But when the trees bow down their head, The wind is passing by.
  7. Choose love not in the shallows but in the deep.
  8. Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.
  9. I have no copper in my purse, I have no silver either, And all my gold is on the furze That shakes in windy weather.
  10. Spring bursts today, For love is risen and all earth's at play.

No comments:

Post a Comment