Sunday 7 April 2024

8 April: Betty Ford Quotes

Betty Ford, widow of US President Gerald Ford, was born on this date in 1918. She served as the First Lady of the US from 1974 to 1977. Here are 10 Betty Ford quotes:

  1. You never know what you can do until you have to do it.

  2. That's what we're here on this Earth for, to help others.

  3. I don't look at what I've lost. I look instead at what I have left.

  4. You can make it, but it's easier if you don't have to do it alone.

  5. Alcohol may pick you up a little bit, but it lets you down in a hurry.

  6. I have an independent streak. You know, it's kind of hard to tell an independent woman what to do.

  7. I was the wife of the President of the United States. What an astonishing place for Elizabeth Ann Bloomer to have come to.

  8. I've learned a lot about myself. Most of it is all right. When I add up the pluses and subtract the minuses, I still come out pretty well.

  9. It's important to be active. People who retire, sit by their swimming pool and golf course and plan to relax have a very empty life.

  10. The search for human freedom can never be complete without freedom for women.

No comments:

Post a Comment