Sunday 24 March 2024

25 March: Day of Tourists

Today is Day of Tourists. 10 quotes about tourism:


  1. I could spend my life arriving each evening in a new city. Bill Bryson

  2. Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travellers don’t know where they’re going. Paul Theroux

  3. The other day I went to a tourist information booth and asked, “Tell me about some of the people who were here last year.” Steven Wright

  4. People don't take trips, trips take people. John Steinbeck.

  5. The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. Gilbert K. Chesterton

  6. A tourist follows a trail; a mountaineer finds one. Reinhold Messner

  7. The worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist. Russell Baker

  8. The average tourist wants to go to places where there are no tourists. Sam Ewing

  9. Stay away from restaurants that have menus in five languages. That's always a tourist trap. You want to eat where the locals eat. Curtis Stone

  10. When I land in a new country, I'm a tourist. I can't become a local in one day. Nuseir Yassin


No comments:

Post a Comment