Thursday 25 November 2021

28 November: John Bunyan Quotes

This date in 1628 saw the birth of John Bunyan, poet, author of Pilgrim's Progress, said to be second only to the Bible in number of copies sold through the ages throughout the world. 10 quotes:

  1. He that is down, needs fear no fall.
  2. In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.
  3. The more he cast away the more he had.
  4. You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.
  5. If my life is fruitless, it doesn't matter who praises me, and if my life is fruitful, it doesn't matter who criticises me.
  6. I have often thought that the best Christians are found in the worst of times.
  7. Run when I can, walk when I cannot run, and creep when I cannot walk.
  8. There is no way to kill a man's righteousness but by his own consent.
  9. Love is the beauty and the strength of all societies and the great pleasure of our lives on earth.
  10. A comely sight indeed it is to see, a world of blossoms on an apple tree.


My Books:





If you like stories about:

  • Superheroes
  • Psychic detectives
  • Romance
  • Alternative dimensions
  • Time travel 
  • Secrets
  • Friendship
  • Family relationships
  • Ghosts
  • Adventure
  • Crime

If you want to read about superheroes who aren't the usual Marvel/DC staples, who don't all live in the USA.

If you like quirky tales.

If you like to support independent self published authors.


Check out my books page


No comments:

Post a Comment