Sunday 10 February 2019

10 February: Vernor Vinge Quotes

Science fiction author Vernor Vinge was born on 10 February 1944. 10 quotes from him:


  1. Intelligence is the handmaiden of flexibility and change.
  2. I say, let's learn more and then speculate.
  3. Even the largest avalanche is triggered by small things.
  4. Politics may come and go, but Greed goes on forever.
  5. Sometimes terror and pain are not the best levers; deception, when it works, is the most elegant and the least expensive manipulation of all.
  6. I never guessed I could cry so hard my face hurt.
  7. So High, So Low, So Many Things to Know.
  8. We’re long on high principles and short on simple human understanding.
  9. Most civilizations had more fiction than they did real history.
  10. For where there is heaven, there can also be hell.


I write fiction, too! My characters include some British superheroes and a psychic detective. You never know, your new favourite could be here! You won't know unless you look...


    Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

    Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts, posts on my writing blog, and news of upcoming publications.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment