Monday 12 November 2018

12 November: Elizabeth Cady Stanton Quotes

Elizabeth Cady Stanton was born on November 12, 1815. She dedicated her life to progressing the women’s rights movement in America. Here are ten quotes from her on women, humanity in general, and truth.

  1. The prolonged slavery of women is the darkest page in human history.
  2. The best protection any woman can have... is courage.
  3. The woman is uniformly sacrificed to the wife and mother.
  4. Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
  5. Human beings lose their logic in their vindictiveness.
  6. I am always busy, which is perhaps the chief reason why I am always well.
  7. The heyday of woman's life is the shady side of fifty when the vital forces heretofore expended in other ways are garnered in the brain.
  8. I would have girls regard themselves not as adjectives, but as nouns.
  9. Truth is the only safe ground to stand upon.
  10. Nature never repeats herself, and the possibilities of one human soul will never be found in another.



More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment