Friday 20 July 2018

20 July: Alexander the Great Quotes

On this date in 356 BC Alexander the Great was born. Here are 10 Alexander the Great quotes.


  1. I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
  2. There is nothing impossible to him who will try.
  3. I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.
  4. Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.
  5. Whatever possession we gain by our sword cannot be sure or lasting, but the love gained by kindness and moderation is certain and durable.
  6. You shall, I question not, find a way to the top if you diligently seek for it; for nature hath placed nothing so high that it is out of the reach of industry and valour.
  7. Through every generation of the human race there has been a constant war, a war with fear. Those who have the courage to conquer it are made free and those who are conquered by it are made to suffer until they have the courage to defeat it, or death takes them.
  8. True love never has a happy ending, because there is no ending to true love.
  9. Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied.
  10. Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends and all fear to be our enemies.


More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment