Sunday 1 July 2018

11 July: E.B. White

Born 11 July 1899: E. B. (Elwyn Brooks) White, US writer, who was inspired to write his classic children's story Charlotte's Web while living on a farm in North Brooklin, Maine. Here are 10 E.B. White quotes.

  1. I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
  2. Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one.
  3. One of the most time-consuming things is to have an enemy.
  4. Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.
  5. We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting the laundry.
  6. People are very gullible. They'll believe anything they see in print.
  7. Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time.
  8. Hang on to your hat. Hang on to your hope. And wind the clock, for tomorrow is another day.
  9. You have been my friends. That in itself is a tremendous thing.
  10. People are, if anything, more touchy about being thought silly than they are about being thought unjust.



More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment