Wednesday 28 January 2015

January 28th: Anniversary of the first ski lift

On this date in 1934, the first ski lift, the "ski rope", invented by Robert Royce, went into operation in Woodstock, VT. For this reason, and since the skiing season is well underway (at least four of my Facebook friends have been already) I've put together 10 Skiing quotes.

  1. Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.
  2. From a warning sign at Targhee: "Warning. Skiing beyond these boundaries may result in death and/or loss of skiing privileges."
  3. It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport. Fridtjof Nansen
  4. The Alpine Skiing competition started poorly and went downhill from there.
  5. I live with fear daily. Sometimes she lets me go skiing.
  6. A real man is someone who can ski through an avalanche - and still manage not to spill any beer. Bruce Fierstein
  7. Old skiers never die. They just go downhill.
  8. An artificial ski slope at Kidgrove closed yesterday because of snow and ice Daily Telegraph
  9. If you are going to be over the hill, at least go with skis on your feet.
  10. When Hell freezes over, I'll ski there, too.

My novel, Death and Faxes is available: why not treat yourself?

Paperback - CreateSpace or Amazon RRP £8 but sometimes Amazon offer it for less!

Or get the E-book: Amazon Kindle Where you can use the "Look Inside" function and read the first few pages for free! And it's less than £2 to buy for your Kindle!

Don't want to risk it without reading a review? Visit Comfy Chair.

AND/OR:

Like my Writer Facebook Page

Read my thoughts on writing, short stories and book excerpts on My writing blog

Follow me on Twitter: @JulieHowlin


No comments:

Post a Comment