Saturday 1 September 2018

7 September: Edith Sitwell

10 quotes from Edith Sitwell, writer, poet and critic, born this date in 1887.

  1. I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.
  2. Hot water is my native element. I was in it as a baby, and I have never seemed to get out of it ever since.
  3. The public will believe anything, so long as it is not founded on truth.
  4. The aim of flattery is to soothe and encourage us by assuring us of the truth of an opinion we have already formed about ourselves.
  5. I have often wished I had time to cultivate modesty... But I am too busy thinking about myself.
  6. Remember only this of our hopeless love, That never till Time is done, Will the fire of the heart and the fire of the mind be one.
  7. When we think of cruelty, we must try to remember the stupidity, the envy, the frustration from which it has arisen.
  8. I am not eccentric. It's just that I am more alive than most people.
  9. There is no truth. Only points of view.
  10. What an artist is for is to tell us what we see but do not know that we see.



More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment