Saturday 1 September 2018

5 September: September

10 quotations about the month of September.


  1. September fattens on vines. Roses flake from the wall. The smoke of harmless fires drifts to my eyes. Geoffrey Hill
  2. By all these lovely tokens, September days are here, With summer’s best of weather And autumn’s best of cheer. Helen Hunt Jackson
  3. Up from the meadows rich with corn, Clear in the cool September morn. John Greenleaf Whittier
  4. September days have the warmth of summer in their briefer hours, but in their lengthening evenings a prophetic breath of autumn. The cricket chirps in the noontide, making the most of what remains of his brief life. The bumblebee is busy among the clover blossoms of the aftermath, and their shrill and dreamy hum hold the outdoor world above the voices of the song birds, now silent or departed. Rowland E Robinson
  5. Departing summer hath assumed An aspect tenderly illumed, The gentlest look of spring; That calls from yonder leafy shade; Unfaded, yet prepared to fade, A timely carolling. William Wordsworth
  6. But now in September the garden has cooled, and with it my possessiveness. The sun warms my back instead of beating on my head ... The harvest has dwindled, and I have grown apart from the intense midsummer relationship that brought it on. Robert Finch
  7. September: it was the most beautiful of words, he’d always felt, evoking orange-flowers, swallows, and regret. Alexander Theroux
  8. For summer there, bear in mind, is a loitering gossip, that only begins to talk of leaving when September rises to go. George Washington Cable
  9. But now in September the garden has cooled, and with it my possessiveness. The sun warms my back instead of beating on my head ... The harvest has dwindled, and I have grown apart from the intense midsummer relationship that brought it on. Robert Finch
  10. Do you remember how we danced that night away? Two lovers playing scenes from some romantic play; September morning still can make me feel this way. Neil Diamond and Gilbert Becaud



More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment