Saturday 22 September 2018

22 September: Fay Weldon

Today is the birthday of the author Fay Weldon, who was born in 1931. Here are 10 quotes:

  1. Beauty is the first present nature gives to women and the first it takes away.
  2. If you do nothing unexpected, nothing unexpected happens.
  3. I know that I'm a real writer because sometimes I write a story just because I want to; not because someone's told me to.
  4. There was no such thing as defeat if you didn't accept it.
  5. I am not cynical. I am just old. I know what is going to happen next.
  6. Be bold, but not too bold. Have courage, but not too much.
  7. A 'weakness,' I now realize, is nothing but a strength not properly developed.
  8. Prudence says one thing, desire says another, and I'd rather go with desire any time.
  9. Because one cause is bad does not make the opposing cause good.
  10. By and large, nothing is as bad as you fear, or as good as you hope.


More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest
Check out my Writing blog

No comments:

Post a Comment