Thursday 26 August 2021

27 August: Man Ray Quotes

On his birthday, 10 quotes from the artist Man Ray:

  1. I never knew what I was doing until I was done.
  2. When I saw I was under attack from all sides, I knew I was on the right track.
  3. Lipstick is the red badge of courage.
  4. If the affairs of the world were put in the hands of the screwball artists, it couldn’t be in a worse state than it is now!
  5. A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him.
  6. Personally, I have always preferred inspiration to information.
  7. The tricks of today are the truths of tomorrow.
  8. One of the satisfactions of a genius is his will-power and obstinacy.
  9. l paint what cannot be photographed, and l photograph what l do not wish to paint.
  10. I have been accused of being a joker. But the most successful art to me involves humour.


My Books:





If you like stories about:

  • Superheroes
  • Psychic detectives
  • Romance
  • Alternative dimensions
  • Time travel 
  • Secrets
  • Friendship
  • Family relationships
  • Ghosts
  • Adventure
  • Crime

If you want to read about superheroes who aren't the usual Marvel/DC staples, who don't all live in the USA.

If you like quirky tales.

If you like to support independent self published authors.


Check out my books page.


No comments:

Post a Comment