Friday 9 February 2018

9 February: Brendan Behan Quotes


9 February 1923 was the birthdate of Brendan Behan, Irish author/playwright. His works include Borstal Boy, The Quare Fellow, An Giall and The Hostage. Here is a selection of quotes:

  1. A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him.
  2. If you fight for the liberty and unity of a small country – you’re an anarchist: but if you go bombing for a great power, you’re a patriot. It all depends on the size of the country in question.
  3. The most important things to do in the world are to get something to eat, something to drink and somebody to love you.
  4. I was court-martialled in my absence, and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence.
  5. I only take a drink on two occasions - when I'm thirsty and when I'm not.
  6. Failure at a task may be the result of having tackled it at the wrong time.
  7. When two men fight over a woman it's the fight they want, not the woman.
  8. The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.
  9. There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary.
  10. I am a drinker with writing problems.

I Write Fiction, Too!



More details about my books. Follow this link if you like Superheroes, Psychics and/or quirky short stories. 
I've listed the themes each novel touches on here for easy reference.

Like my author page on Facebook for news on new books and blog posts.

Follow me on Twitter and Pinterest

Check out my Writing blog


No comments:

Post a Comment