Tuesday 7 November 2017

7 November: Albert Camus Quotes

7 November 1913 was the birthdate of Albert Camus, French author and philosopher. 10 quotes:

  1. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
  2. God is not needed to create guilt or to punish. Our fellow men suffice, aided by ourselves.
  3. Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
  4. There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.
  5. There are causes worth dying for, but none worth killing for.
  6. I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live as if there isn't and to die to find out that there is.
  7. It is necessary to fall in love... if only to provide an alibi for all the random despair you are going to feel anyway.
  8. In order to be created, a work of art must first make use of the dark forces of the soul.
  9. Life is the result of all your choices.
  10. A true masterpiece does not tell everything.

Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications

No comments:

Post a Comment