Saturday 11 November 2017

11 November: Singles Day

For Singles Day, ten quotes about being single.

  1. When singleness is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wives. Anon
  2. Man: You’re a pretty girl. How come you’re not married? Woman: Sheer luck.
  3. Definitions of a bachelor: An unaltared male; a man who has missed the opportunity to make some woman miserable; A man who never Mrs anybody.
  4. A bachelor is a man who never makes the same mistake once.
  5. The bachelor’s life is no life for a single man.
  6. A bachelor gets tangled up with a lot of women in order to avoid getting tied up to one. Helen Rowland
  7. I never married because there was no need. I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog which growls every morning, a parrot which swears all afternoon and a cat that comes home late at night. Marie Corelli
  8. Being an old maid is like death by drowning - a really delightful sensation after you cease to struggle Edna Ferber
  9. Bachelors know more about women than married men. If they didn't they'd be married, too. HL Mencken
  10. I can marry anyone I please. The problem is I don’t please anyone. Groucho Marx



Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications

No comments:

Post a Comment