Friday 19 May 2017

19th May: Victoria Wood

Victoria Wood, who sadly died in 2016, was born on this date in 1953. Here are ten quotes to remember her by.

  1. All my friends started getting boyfriends, but I didn't want a boyfriend, I wanted a thirteen-colour biro.
  2. Life's not fair, is it? Some of us drink champagne in the fast lane, and some of us eat our sandwiches by the loose chippings on the A597.
  3. Sexual harassment at work... is it a problem for the self-employed?
  4. I once went to one of those parties where everyone throws their car keys into the middle of the room. I don't know who got my moped, but I drove that Peugeot for years.
  5. When I’m not working so much I do go out with my friends and have cups of tea and sometimes cups of champagne.
  6. In London it's easy not to be the focus of attention, especially when Sting lives in the house just behind you.
  7. Beat me on the bottom with a Woman’s Weekly.
  8. My children won't even eat chips because some know-all bastard at school told them a potato was a vegetable.
  9. Radio killed variety and TV killed radio, and the internet will kill television and it will go on and on.
  10. I sometimes think that being widowed is God's way of telling you to come off the Pill.


Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications

No comments:

Post a Comment