Sunday 9 April 2017

12 April: Tom Clancy quotes

Words of wisdom from author Tom Clancy, born 12 April 1947.


  1. The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
  2. Life is about learning; when you stop learning, you die.
  3. The control of information is something the elite always does, particularly in a despotic form of government. Information, knowledge, is power. If you can control information, you can control people.
  4. Whenever somebody comes up with a good idea, there's somebody else who has never had a good idea in his life who stands up and says, Oh, you can't do that.
  5. Fighting wars is not so much about killing people as it is about finding things out. The more you know, the more likely you are to win a battle.
  6. The only way to do all the things you'd like to do is to read.
  7. Fix your eyes forward on what you can do, not back on what you cannot change.
  8. Courage is being the only only one who knows how terrified you are.
  9. I am a politician which means I am a liar and a crook. When I am not kissing babies I am stealing their lollypops.
  10. We cannot fail to win—unless we fail to try.



Browse other topics I've covered in this blog - HERE.

Like my Facebook page for news of Topical Ten posts posts on my writing blog, a weekly writing quote and news of upcoming publications

No comments:

Post a Comment