Monday 16 January 2017

January 16: National Nothing Day

National Nothing Day is a holiday first created by Harold Pullman Coffin, a journalist, in 1973 "...to provide Americans with one national day when they can just sit without celebrating, observing or honouring anything."


  1. I started out with nothing. I still have most of it. Michael Davis
  2. In the beginning, there was nothing, and then God said, “Let there be light.” And there was. There was still nothing, but at least you could see it.
  3. The problem with doing nothing is you never know when you’ve finished.
  4. Bad things are not the worst things that can happen to us. Nothing is the worst thing that can happen to us. Richard Bach
  5. People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. AA Milne
  6. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke
  7. The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
  8. Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing. Robert Benchley
  9. A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything. Malcolm X
  10. I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about. Oscar Wilde

I write fiction, too!

If you're doing one of those reading challenges, I could be your self-published author, your female author, or your out of your comfort zone book. There are books published in the last year, most set in the UK and one with a place name in the title.


No comments:

Post a Comment