Tuesday 17 January 2017

17th January: Muhammad Ali

Boxer Muhammad Ali was born on this date in 1942. He was more spiritual and insightful than might be expected from someone whose job was beating people up.

  1. Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.
  2. (on training) I hated every minute of it. But I said to myself, 'Suffer now, and live the rest of your life as a champion.'
  3. The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
  4. I'm retiring because there are more pleasant things to do than beat up people.
  5. It's a lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself.
  6. It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
  7. (Response to "What would you like people to think about you when you've gone?")I'd like for them to say he took a few cups of love, he took one tablespoon of patience, teaspoon of generosity, one pint of kindness. He took one quart of laughter, one pinch of concern, and then, he mix willingness with happiness, he added lots of faith, and he stirred it up well, then he spreads it over his span of a lifetime, and he served it to each and every deserving person he met.
  8. When you ask God for a gift, be thankful if sends not diamonds, pearls or riches but the love of real true friends.
  9. Spirituality is recognising the divine light that is within us all. It doesn't belong to any particular religion; it belongs to everyone.
  10. I set out on a journey of love, seeking truth, peace and understanding. l am still learning.



These are my books. Find out about them on my Books Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment