Tuesday 30 December 2014

30 December: Rudyard Kipling Quotes

Rudyard Kipling was born on this date in 1865 so in honour of his 149th birthday, here are some quotes:


  1. I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble.
  2. A woman's guess is much more accurate than a man's certainty.
  3. For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.
  4. I keep six honest serving-men: (They taught me all I knew) Their names are What and Where and When, And How and Why and Who.
  5. Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.
  6. We're all islands shouting lies to each other across seas of misunderstanding.
  7. A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.
  8. Buy a pup and your money will buy Love unflinching that cannot lie.
  9. Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful!' and sitting in the shade.
  10. Of all said words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these it might have been.

1 comment:

  1. "I always prefer to believe the best of everybody, it saves so much trouble." I like this quote very much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete