Wednesday 27 August 2014

27th August: Samuel Goldwyn

Samuel Goldwyn, the film producer, was born on this date in 1882. He is famous for vocal gaffes, ten of which are here:


  1. I don't think anyone should write their autobiography until after they're dead.
  2. Any man who goes to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined.
  3. A wide screen just makes a bad film twice as bad.
  4. A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
  5. If I could drop dead right now, I'd be the happiest man alive.
  6. Colour television! Bah, I won't believe it until I see it in black and white.
  7. That's the trouble with directors. Always biting the hand that lays the golden egg.
  8. Go see it and see for yourself why you shouldn't go see it.
  9. The scene is dull. Tell him to put more life into his dying.
  10. Television has raised writing to a new low.

No comments:

Post a Comment