Sunday 25 October 2020

2 November: Famous Last Words

As today is the Day of the Dead, here is a list of ten Famous last words:

  1. Condemned poisoner William Palmer inquired as he stepped onto the gallows, “Are you sure it's safe?"
  2. American General Sedgewick. Those last words as he peered towards the enemy were: "They couldn't hit an Elephant at this dist....."
  3. Oscar Wilde: This wallpaper is killing me. One of us will have to go.
  4. I wish I had drunk more Champagne. John Maynard Keynes
  5. Am I dying or is this my birthday? Lady Astor.
  6. Turn up the lights. I don't want to go home in the dark. O Henry
  7. Get my Swan costume ready. Anna Pavlova
  8. I am dying with the help of too many physicians. Alexander the Great.
  9. All my possessions for one moment of time. Queen Elizabeth I.
  10. Die, my dear doctor? That's the last thing I shall do. Lord Palmerston.

Bonus fact – we will never know what Albert Einstein's last words were – he said something in his native language, but the nurse attending him didn't speak German.


Killing Me Softly

Sebastian Garrett is an assassin. It wasn’t his first choice of vocation, but nonetheless, he’s good at it, and can be relied upon to get the job done. He’s on top of his game.

Until he is contracted to kill Princess Helena of Galorvia. She is not just any princess. Sebastian doesn’t bargain on his intended victim being a super-heroine who gives as good as she gets. Only his own genetic variant power saves him from becoming the victim, instead of Helena. 

Fate has another surprise in store. Sebastian was not expecting to fall in love with her.

Available on Amazon:

Paperback


No comments:

Post a Comment