Friday 7 October 2016

7 October: Bathtub Day

Bathtub day celebrates the initial British appearance in 1828 of the bathtub as a part of our everyday life. Here are ten quotes about baths:


  1. There must be quite a few things that a hot bath cannot cure, but I don’t know many of them. Sylvia Plath
  2. Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine. Thomas Aquinas
  3. I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw that my bath toys were a toaster and a radio. Joan Rivers
  4. Every man has a right to a Saturday night bath. Lyndon B. Johnson
  5. Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats. Woody Allen
  6. Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one's bath like a lump of sugar. Pablo Picasso
  7. our universe may be one of many - a single bubble in a huge bubble bath of other universes. Brian Greene
  8. Bath twice a day to be really clean, once a day to be passably clean, once a week to avoid being a public menace. Anthony Burgess
  9. Life is like a bath - the longer you're in it, the more wrinkled you get
  10. Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression. Dodie Smith

1 comment: