Saturday 8 August 2015

8th August: Sara Teasdale

American poet Sara Teasdale was born on this date in 1884. Here are ten Sara Teasdale quotes:


  1. I make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes.
  2. Beauty, more than bitterness, makes the heart break.
  3. No one worth possessing can be quite possessed.
  4. It is strange how often a heart must be broken before the years can make it wise.
  5. I have no riches but my thoughts. Yet these are wealth enough for me.
  6. Though I know he loves me, tonight my heart is sad; his kiss was not so wonderful as all the dreams I had.
  7. You will recognize your own path when you come upon it because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need.
  8. Life is but thought.
  9. Look for a lovely thing and you will find it, it is not far, it never will be far.
  10. Never fear the thing you feel-- Only by love is life made real.

No comments:

Post a Comment