Saturday 14 February 2015

20th February: Gloria Vanderbilt

Gloria Vanderbilt was born on this date in 1924. 10 things she said:


  1. The fame you earn has a different taste from the fame that is forced upon you.
  2. I'm in love with beauty and things and people and love and being in love, and those things, I think, on the inside, show on the outside.
  3. You must always have great, secret, big fat hopes for yourself in love and in life. The bigger, the better.
  4. I've always believed that one woman's success can only help another woman's success.
  5. The heart of another is a dark forest.
  6. Everything in life is elusive.
  7. I don't think age has anything to do with what you write about.
  8. I love to think that animals and humans and plants and fishes and trees and stars and the moon are all connected.
  9. I've had many, many loves. I always feel that something wonderful is going to happen. And it always does.
  10. In anything there has to be dark and light. There's a lot of joy in my paintings and a lot of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment