Friday 26 September 2014

September 26th: Ivan Pavlov's birthday

Ivan Pavlov was born in 1849 and is famous for his conditioning experiments where he rang a bell before feeding his dogs so that, eventually, they would salivate at the sound of the bell because they had learned that the bell meant food. We poked fun at Schrodinger's cat a few weeks ago, so today, 10 Pavlov's dog jokes:

  1. Pavlov - now that name rings a bell.
  2. Hear about Pavlov's dogs? They savaged the Avon Lady.
  3. Pavlov is sitting at a pub enjoying a pint, the phone rings and he jumps up shouting "Oh shit, I forgot to feed the dog!"
  4. Pavlov’s Dog's Diary: “Day 19, I have successfully conditioned my master to smile and write in his book every time I drool.”
  5. I was in my Psychology class yesterday and we were learning about Pavlov and laughing about how stupid those dogs were. Anyway, then the bell went and we all went for lunch.
  6. Pavlov's first attempt at conditioning his dogs just left them with lovely shiny fur.
  7. Sign on the door of Pavlov's laboratory: "Please don't ring bell".
  8. Little known failure: Pavlov's cat.
  9. Pavlov's dog talking to psychaitrist: "And then instead of feeding me, he would ring a bell."
  10. How did Pavlov's dog die? He drowned in a phone booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment