Saturday 12 July 2014

12th July: R. Buckminster Fuller's birthday

Today is the birthday of the scientist R. (Richard) Buckminster Fuller. Here are 10 deep thoughts from him:


  1. When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong.
  2. There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly.
  3. I'm not a genius. I'm just a tremendous bundle of experience.
  4. Ninety-nine percent of who you are is invisible and untouchable.
  5. How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else.
  6. Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.
  7. The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
  8. If you are the master be sometimes blind, if you are the servant be sometimes deaf.
  9. Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value.
  10. Don't fight forces, use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment