Jack Vance, US sci-fi author who wrote The Dying Earth was born on this date in 1916. 10 Jack Vance Quotes:
I am indulging the exotic whims of a beautiful princess and must not be distracted.
Mischief moves somewhere near and I must blast it with my magic!
Freedom, privileges, options, must constantly be exercised, even at the risk of inconvenience.
Good music always defeats bad luck.
While we are alive we should sit among coloured lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past.
An inch of foreknowledge is worth ten miles of after-thought.
The man is evil who coerces obedience to his private ends, destroys beauty, produces pain, extinguishes life.
A barbarian is not aware that he is a barbarian.
I become drunk as circumstances dictate.
What is peace? Balance three iron skewers tip to tip, one upon the other; at the summit, emplace and egg, so that it too poises static in mid-air, and there you have the condition of peace in this world of men.


No comments:
Post a Comment